Easiest Super Bowl Sunday Snack Ever!
Okay, all you chili-, buffalo-wings- loving Super Bowl Sunday sports fans out there.
I have a snack for you–edamame with chili salt.
It’s easy to make–barely 10 minutes! And you can mound your plate, chomp absentmindedly, and guzzle beer all while not taking your eyes off the TV. Plus, they’re packed with protein and fun to eat!
You can thank me later.
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed chili or red pepper flakes
- 1 lb (500 g) frozen or fresh edamame in pods
- Grind the sugar and salt in a mortar with a pestle to a consistency of fine sand.
- Add the chili flakes and grind until fine flecks form. Stir to mix.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the edamame and cook until bright green and heated through, about 4 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Blot dry with paper towels, then toss with the chili-salt mixture. Serve immediately.
- To eat, suck on the pod and use your teeth to pop the beans into your mouth.